Visited London’s west end this week, a walk round Soho and Chinatown before finishing up at the Photograhers gallery just off Oxford street. By the way some great exhibitions up there at the moment, particularly the Mass observation exhibit which features some great images from 1937 through the 40’s 50’s and 60’s and revised in 1981 as a life writing project. Well worth a peek. The first image was taken in Soho Square a small green space in Soho. The Second image is an all too familiar site in many Capitals around the world.
The First Image was taken in The Photographer’s Gallery and the next Two in Chinatown, which is a wonderful place to visit and eat!!! The great thing about the iphone is it’s compatibility with street photography. It’s small unobtrusive and people don’t seem to care that your taking pictures, just try doing that with a DSLR and see if you get the same reaction! add to that the great apps and your on to a winner. Hipstamatic is great for this and really is my camera of choice for street scenes.
Finally some shots of Oxford street and the journey home. Again you can take images that you wouldn’t dream of taking with a bigger camera and the quality lets me print to A4 with no great loss of quality.. Happy days..
- The way we were: Mass Observation at the Photographers’ Gallery (guardian.co.uk)
- Street Photography (dinamariaphotography.com)
- Snaking through Chinatown (onefinestay.com)
- Literary Londoner: Thomas De Quincey (onefinestay.com)
- Top Five Photo Apps – Photo App Lounge – Jennifer Sharpe (odilonvert) (theappwhisperer.com)
- Hipstamatic Oggl, the popular social photo app, comes to Windows Phone 8 (blogs.windows.com)
- Soho, 4am by Nuala Casey … (frithstreetpost.com)